I was actually thinking of writing another Bits & Pieces just to compile this news but I decided to just write another R&R just for kicks.
Here is another round of Rants & Raves : Ratings Game
- Yamapi’s “Flowers for Algernon” gets 11.5% for its pilot episode
11.5% is pretty decent since I know how much detractors this drama has particularly with their choice of main lead. I haven’t finished this drama, I’m only halfway and I didn’t finish it I got really sleepy and not because the drama is a snore-fest. In fact, Yamapi acts pretty decent as well even though there are times that he looks embarrassed. haha. I’ll definitely recap this drama once I’m done watching the first ep.
- Okura Tadayoshi’s “Do S Deka” with Tabe Mikako get 12.7% for its pilot episode
What?! Okura’s drama got 1.2% higher than Yamapi’s?! So he’s not one of Johnny’s low-rating man anymore. Congrats! I’m also looking forward in watching this one since it looks funny and Okura cross-dressed again. He’s so pretty! WTH.
- Aiba Masaki’s “Yokoso, Wagaya e” gets 13.0% for its pilot episode
Wow…all Johnny’s drama getting more than 10% this season is pretty impressive. I must download this one since I’ve been informed how scary the plot is.
- Kimura Takuya congratulates his “I’m Home” wife, Ueto Aya, on getting pregnant. As a father of two, Kimura advises her to take care of her physical condition and even though the drama’s filming will be until June, he wants her to be in relax state.
I don’t know about Japan but in my country, pregnancy is considered lucky. So maybe, Kimura’s drama will be this season’s gem. Who knows? However, first trimester is considered as the hardest phase of pregnancy with all the physical and hormonal changes so I hope that Ueto will be fine to carry on with the filming.
- Kazama Shunsuke returns as the lead voice actor for “Yu-Gi-Oh ☆ ☆ King The Movie “
I’m just glad that Kazama is still having tons of projects. Good actors will always have something for them.
- 18 year-old boy got arrested for intimidation on JE’s President Johnny Kitagawa. The vocational student wrote a letter with a “very malicious content”
This is scary, this is like “Yokoso, Wagaya e” in real life. I wonder if this boy is one of those kids that got rejected by JE. hehe. Seriously tho, does Johnny doesn’t have a bodyguard? He should really consider hiring a bodyguard cum assistant so someone would also help him if he got stuck inside the elevator again.
- Real Sound released a book, titled : “Arashi : Why they became history’s strongest entertainment group?“
I agree that Arashi is strong, but calling them “the history’s…” is a bit far-fetched because it’s like they are excluding all other groups before Arashi. I guess “…of their generation” is more apt, or to be more specific, in Japan. Anyway, if you read some excerpt from the book, it’s pretty interesting. Arashi are not just evaluated for their music, they are also evaluated individually, taking into consideration their accomplishments on how they progressed (as actors to musicians) to where they are now. I also like the talk/interview between the two critics, male critics and sound editors, who became Arashi’s fan.
That’s all for now. I need to do some reading.